Loft Hatch Door Draught Excluder
Why Draught Proof
Your house or commercial property will lose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to the air-leakiness of the building. This warm air loss is technically known as infiltration or permeability and is measured in metres cubed per hour per square metre of floor area. A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will lose around 20-30 metres cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors. Good use of draft proofing could reduce your air permeability to around 8-10 metres cubed per hour which is a good low cost way of reducing you heating bills. The amount of air infiltration to your property will also depend on its exposure to wind so if you are on a hillside or near the coast then it is even more beneficial for you have good draught proofing.
- Loft hatch draught proofing seal.
- Makes your landing or hallway warmer.
- Draught proofing strips bridge the gap between the hatch and the frame
- PVC plastic carrier with a compressible rubber edge strip.
- Seals gaps up to 7mm
- Quick and easy to fit, can be cut with scissors or garden clippers.
- Fixing nails included
- Supplied in 4 lengths. Small hatches 4x685mm lengths or Larger Hatches 4x1028mm lengths
- Available in white or brown