Solar Kit Contents:
- 100w Poly solar panel
- 10A PWM Charge Controller
- Solar power to controller cable with MC4 connectors – 2 core 5M 2.5mm2 cable
- 1.5 Metre Controller to Battery Cable, 4mm2 single core cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring connectors
- Battery Terminals (pair)
- 4 aluminium mounting brackets
Technical Specification – 100 Watt Solar Panel – (with 1m Cable & MC4 Connector Plugs)
- Max Power: 100w
- Max Power Voltage: 18.0v
- Max Current: 5.56A
- Open Circuit Voltage: 22.54v
- Short Circuit Current: 5.94A
- Weight: 7.4kg
- Size: 1200 x 680 x 30mm
- Maximum System Voltage: DC1000v
- Power Tolerance: ±3%
10A PWM Charge Controller
- 10A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Built in industrial micro controller
- Large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
- Full four-stage PWM charge management
- Built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection,
- Built in overload protection.
- Dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL.
- This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
- Self consumption <10mA (0.12w at 12v)
- Working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
Solar Panels to Controller Cable
- 2-core 2.5mm2, 5M long cable
Solar controller to Battery Cable
- 2 X single core 4mm2 solar PV Cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring terminals TUV Approved.
All cabling carefully designed to minimise voltage drops and maintain maximum system efficiency.
Battery Terminal Clamps
- Battery Terminal Clamps Brass Coated
- Inner Diameter 17mm –
- Inner Diameter 18mm +
- Light weight
- 100mm long
- Supplied as 4 brackets per panel
Important information regarding Charge Controllers – PWM
Warning: The Connection Order Below must be followed
- Battery Cable
- Load Cable
- Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.