Why Go Solar?
Beat energy inflation, energy security, remote location power sources (save a fortune on armoured cabling), mobile power sources, fast payback periods over conventional fuel sources such as diesel generation and hook-ups, keep batteries fully charged at all time as deep discharge shortens life, environmentally friendly power which reduces carbon emissions to slow global warming and climate change.
Laminated panel construction, suitable for marine usage, also includes water-tight MC4 connectors. Also for Boats, Caravans, Motor-homes, electric fencing, road/ path/ driveway illuminated signage, campsites, yurts, multi-panel off grid power source for small buildings, remote telecoms, mobile food outlets, and many more…
Independent Off-Grid Solar Power Source
One or more solar panels can be connected a battery bank and power inverter using a solar charge controller. You can therefore have a 240v power supply anywhere in the world without grid supply. Please see our solar power kits.
Solar Panels do still generate power during cloudy and rainy weather!
We have a rough guide below to solar panel power output relative to weather conditions:-
- 100% power output – clear sky midday sun with the panel fully tilted toward the sun’s position in the sky.
- 75-85% output – clear sky midday sun but with the panel laid flat
- 50-65% output – thin cloud, or intermittent small clouds
- 10-20% output – midday overcast sky or rainy conditions
Solar Kit Contents:
- 2 x 100w Poly solar panel
- 20A MPPT Charge Controller
- Solar power to controller cable with MC4 connectors – 2 core 5M 2.5mm2 cable
- 1.5 Metre Controller to Battery Cable, 4mm2 single core cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring connectors
- Battery Terminals (pair)
- 2 x 4 aluminium mounting brackets
Technical Specifications 100 Watt Solar Panel – (with 1m Cable & MC4 Connector Plugs)
- Max Power: 100w
- Max Power Voltage: 18.0v
- Max Current: 5.56A
- Open Circuit Voltage: 22.54v
- Short Circuit Current: 5.94A
- Weight: 7.4kg
- Size: 1000 x 680 x 30mm
- Maximum System Voltage: DC1000v
- Power Tolerance: ±3%
Technical – Tracer AN Series 2206AN
- Nominal System Voltage 12/24V Auto
- Battery Input Voltage Range 8V ~ 32V
- Max Charge/ Discharge Current 20A Max Charge/ Discharge Current
- Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage 60V (At minimum operating environment temperature)
- Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage 46V (At 25 Deg C operating environment temperature)
- MPPT Voltage Range +2V ~ 36V
- Max Rated Charging Power (20A), 260W (12V), 520W (24V)
- Max. PV Array Input Power 390W (12V), 720W (24V)
- Wiring Connections, Solar +/-, Battery +/-, Power Output +/-, Temp Sensor, COM RJ45
- Working Environment Temperature Range – 25 to +45 Deg C
- Humidity Range <95%
- Enclosure IP30
- Dimensions 220mm x 154mm x 52mm
- Power Terminals 6AWH (12mm sq)
- Weight 1.1Kg
Solar Panels to Controller Cable
- 2-core 2.5mm2, 5M long cable
Solar controller to Battery Cable
- 2 X single core 4mm2 solar PV Cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring terminals TUV Approved.
All cabling carefully design to minimise voltage drops and maintain maximum system efficiency
- Light weight
- 100mm long
- Supplied as 4 brackets per panel
Important information regarding Charge Controllers – MPPT
Warning: The Connection Order Below must be followed
- Battery Cable
- Load Cable
- Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.
Tracer AN Series – product features:
- Advanced maximum Power point tracking (MPPT) technology, with efficiency no less than 99.5% with 10-30% more power to the battery than cheaper PWM controllers.
- High quality components with maximum conversion efficiency of 98%
- Ultra fast tracking speed and guaranteed tracking efficiency
- Reliable automatic limit function of maximum PV input power, ensuring no overload risk.
- Wide maximum PowerPoint operating voltage range
- 12/24V DC automatic battery detection
- LCD panel display providing operating data and working conditions
- Supports 3 pre-programmed charging options, sealed, gel and flooded batteries
- Battery temperature compensation function
- Includes RS-485 communication bus interface and mod bus communication protocol
- RS-485 plug socket port can be used for PC monitoring via USB connection, this socket can also be used for connecting the MT50 external display unit to show real-time data and parameter settings.
- Remote temperature sensor connection port, to remotely detect battery temperature allowing and MPPT technology to adjust parameters.
- The controller has a three stage battery charging algorithm (bulk charging, constant charging and flow charging) for rapid, efficient and safe battery charging.