Your basket is currently empty!
Poly 20W Solar Panel Kit 2
20w Poly Crystalline Solar Panel kit with PWM charge controller and mounting brackets
47 in stock
Lightweight design with rigid anodised aluminium alloy frame and toughened glass
Designed in the UK. CE, TUV, ISO 9001 quality assurance.
Why Go Solar?
Beat energy inflation, energy security, remote location power sources (save a fortune on armoured cabling), mobile power sources, fast payback periods over conventional fuel sources such as diesel generation and hook-ups, keep batteries fully charged at all time as deep discharge shortens life, environmentally friendly power which reduces carbon emissions to slow global warming and climate change.
Sheds, Stables, Boats, Caravans, Motorhomes, electric fencing, road/ path/ driveway illuminated signage, campsites, yurts, multi-panel off grid power source for small buildings, remote telecoms, mobile food outlets, and many more…
Independent Off-Grid Solar Power Source
One or more solar panels can be connected a battery bank and power inverter using a solar charge controller. You can therefore have a 240v power supply anywhere in the world without grid supply. Please see our solar power kits.
Solar Panels do still generate power during cloudy and rainy weather
We have a rough guide below to solar panel power output relative to weather conditions:-
100% power output – clear sky midday sun with the panel fully tilted toward the sun’s position in the sky.
75-85% output – clear sky midday sun but with the panel laid flat
50-65% output – thin cloud, or intermittent small clouds
10-20% output – midday overcast sky or rainy conditions
20w Poly-Crystalline Solar Panel with 1 metre cable
- Maximum Power (Pmax): 20W
- Maximum Power Voltage (VMP): 18V
- Maximum Power Current (IMP): 1.12A
- Open Circuit Voltage (VOC): 22.54V
- Short Circuit Current (ISC): 1.19A
- Weight: 1.8KG
- Size: 480 x 350 x 23mm
- Power Tolerance: +/-3%
Maximum System Voltage: DC1000V
In the event that the solar panel is in shade for a prolonged period, our solar panels either have one or two built-in bypass diodes which will enable the panel to continue generating.
Solar Panel Battery Charge Regulator Controller 12V / 24V Auto Switching
Solar charge controllers are required to regulate the power output from the solar panels to ensure effective charge of a typical 12V or 24V lead acid battery without overcharging. Charge controllers also help to prevent reverse power discharge from the battery back into the solar panel at night as they act in the same way as a blocking diode. PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) solar charge controllers provide a cost-effective solution to linking your solar panel to the battery. Optimised charge control helps to prolong the life of the battery. The LCD display shows gives an indication of battery charging state and battery voltage. The display also indicates solar power input or power discharge from the battery. Our charge controllers use an industrial grade micro-controller chip to work in a wide range of temperatures and humidity.
Solar Charge Controller – Technical
- 10A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL. This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
- Self-consumption <10mA (0.12w at 12v)
- working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
1, make sure your battery has enough voltage for the controller to recognise the battery type before first installation.
2 the battery cable should be as short as possible to minimise loss.
3, this charge controller is only suitable for regulating solar panels. Never connect another charging source to this charge regulator.
- Built in industrial microcontroller
- Large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
- Full four-stage PWM charge management
- Built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection, overload protection.
- Dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production.
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.
These charge controllers can be used with one or more 12V batteries where additional storage capacity may be needed, or a combination of series and parallel batteries to make a 24V energy storage system.
Metal Brackets (set of 4)
- Aluminium, light weight, solar panel mounting brackets
- Dimensions, 100mm long, full dimensions as per attached images.
Solar Kit Contents
- 20 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel with 1M cable attached
- 2 Metre battery connection cable with crocodile clips
- PWM Solar Charge Controller
- 4 Metal mounting brackets
Lowenergie Solar Panels have a 10 Year Warranty for materials and workmanship.
Power Output Warranty is at least 90% maximum power for first 10 years of use and;
Power Output Warranty of at least 80% maximum power output for up to 25 years use.
Charge Controller Warranty – 1 Year