Sold as Red and Black, pairs of single core cables
UK Made high quality AMC extra flexible cable, designed for use in tough working environments. Plain copper conductors, PVC insulated -30ºC to 70ºC.
- Including a Victron Midi Fuse
- Fuse Rating 125A (1200w @12V)
Professionally assembled in the UK with best possible ring terminal contacts using hydraulic crimping.
Why is Correct Cable Sizing Important for Inverters?
- Avoid Voltage Drop. All our cables are designed to be less than 2.5% voltage drop at 12V. Undersized cables generate excessive heat which in turn leads to voltage drop. Too much voltage drop, which is more apparent at high power usage can lead to frequent inverter cut-outs and wasted energy usage.
- Avoid DC Ripple. This can occur in DC systems with AC inverters. Too much voltage drop will exacerbate DC ripple which will reduce the life of your inverter and age batteries prematurely.
- Inverter draw very high current at lower voltage, especially in 12V systems. Cable cross sectional area is reduced by keeping your inverter supply cable as short as possible.
NOTE: if you are using a 24V or 48V system, you may be able to reduce your cable cross sectional area. Please use ‘Victron Toolkit App’ to calculate your cable size, according to your cable length, power/ voltage combination
Also check your battery can support high current discharge. Some lithium batteries will have a max discharge current to help prolong the life of the lithium cells.
As these items are made to order they are non returnable unless faulty