Minimum Order Quantity = 10
Jablite HP (High Performance) is a closed cell expanded polystyrene (EPS) multi-use insulation board suitable for a wide range of insulation applications.
Jablite HP is grey in colour due to the carbon additive which acts within the boards to disperse and reflect heat radiation. This gives the boards an improvement in thermal performance compared to white EPS.
Jablite HP insulation has been tested and approved by the British Board of Agrément (BBA). Certificate number 87/1796 Product Sheet 4.
Jablite HP Insulation can be used in temperatures up to 80°C. It is therefore suitable for use with underfloor heating systems. Jablite HP does not degrade when placed in high moisture areas and is resistant to the effects of freeze thaw. Jablite HP will remain an effective insulation for the life of the building.
Jablite HP is lightweight and easy to install. There are no requirements for special PPE when installing or cutting Jablite HP
Jablite HP conforms to the required properties as defined in BS EN 13163:2012 – Thermal insulation products for buildings – Factory made expanded polystyrene (EPS) products – Specification. This includes compliance with BS 3837 Part 1
Jablite HP insulation is manufactured from EPS (expanded polystyrene) and achieves an A+ rating in the BRE Green Guide to Specification. Jablite HP insulation has an ozone depletion potential (ODP) of zero and a global warming potential (GWP) of less than 5. EPS does not create any known risk to the environment. Jablite HP insulation is 100% recyclable.
Jablite HP EPS insulation is non-toxic and non-biodegradable. Jablite HP will not sustain mould growth and offers no nutrient value to insects or vermin.
Jabite Code – EPS70HP
- Thermal Conductivity (Lambda) – 0.032 (W/mK)
- Weight – Approx 226g per sheet
- Design load at 1% nominal compression (kPa) – 20
- Design load at 10% nominal compression (kPa) – 70
- Fire – Euroclass F, non fire retardant material. Usually recommended to be concealed within construction, beneath solid floor coverings or behind plasterboard linings.
- Easy to cut to size using a sharp knife
- Each sheet is 45cm x 120cm
Example Applications/ Calculations
- 9 inch solid brick (225mm wall), no insulation, U-value is 1.98, thermal resistance = 0.506
- 9 inch solid brick (225mm wall), with 25mm Jablite, U-value is 1.29, thermal resistance = 1.287 (2.5X better insulation)
- 9 inch solid brick (225mm wall), with 2 layers 25mm (50mm) Jablite, U-value is 0.48, thermal resistance = 2.068 (4.1X better insulation)
- Metal garage door, apply 25mm Jablite to the inner side = 600X less heat loss. Makes an amazing difference to attached or integral garage
Other Application Examples
- New and existing rendered or un-rendered masonry.
- Timber backed walls, floors and roofs.
- Cavity wall construction,
- On layered external walls,
- In places likely to develop thermal bridges,
- On beams and under slabs
- In balconies and loggias,
- Under roofs and between rafters