To be wired in parallel
Solar Kit Contents:
- 2 x 150w Poly solar panel
- 30A PWM Charge Controller
- Solar power to controller cable 2 X single core 4mm2 solar PV Cable, TUV Approved
- 1.5 Metre Controller to Battery Cable, 4mm2 single core cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring connectors
- Battery Terminals (pair)
- 8 aluminium mounting brackets
- 1 pair of Y Branch connectors
150 Watt Solar Panel – (with 1m Cable & Solar Connector Plugs)
- Max Power: 150w
- Max Power Voltage: 18.0v
- Max Current: 8.34A
- Open Circuit Voltage: 22.54v
- Short Circuit Current: 8.98A
- Weight: 10.6kg
- Size: 1480 x 680 x 35mm
- Maximum System Voltage: DC1000v
- Power Tolerance: ±3%
30A PWM Charge Controller
- 30A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Built in industrial microcontroller
- Large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
- Full four-stage PWM charge management
- Built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection,
- Built in overload protection.
- Dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL.
- This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
- Self consumption <10mA (0.12w at 12v)
- working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
Solar Panels to Controller Cable
- 2 X single core 4mm2 solar PV Cable, TUV Approved.
Solar controller to Battery Cable
- 2 X single core 4mm2 solar PV Cable, with 30A inline fuse and 8mm ring terminals TUV Approved.
- All cabling carefully design to minimise voltage drops and maintain maximum system efficiency
Battery Terminal Clamps
- Battery Terminal Clamps Brass Coated
- Inner Diameter 17mm –
- Inner Diameter 18mm +
- Light weight
- 100mm long
- Supplied as 4 brackets per panel
- Male Male Female & Female Female Male connectors
- 1000V DC or 30A max
- 4mm2 solar Cable
Important information regarding Charge Controllers – PWM
Warning: The Connection Order Below must be followed
1, Battery Cable, 2 Load Cable, 3, Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.