- 80w Solar Monocrystalline Panel with MC4 connector plugs
- Multi angle position aluminium solar panel mounting rack
- 100Ah deep cycle wet lead acid battery
- All weather battery box
- 10A Solar charge controller
- 500w Inverter
- 5M Solar power cable with MC4 connector plugs
- 3M cable with in line fuse and ring connectors
- Digital volt meter
- Battery clamps (pair)
Why Go Solar
Beat energy inflation, energy security, remote location power sources (save a fortune on armoured cabling), mobile power sources, fast payback periods over conventional fuel sources such as diesel generation and hook-ups, keep batteries fully charged at all time as deep discharge shortens life, environmentally friendly power which reduces carbon emissions to slow global warming and climate change. Have your own independent Off-Grid Solar Power Source
Solar Panels do still generate power during cloudy and rainy weather
We have a rough guide below to solar panel power output relative to weather conditions:-
100% power output – clear sky midday sun with the panel fully tilted toward the sun’s position in the sky.
75-85% output – clear sky midday sun but with the panel laid flat
50-65% output – thin cloud, or intermittent small clouds
10-20% output – midday overcast sky or rainy conditions
- Maximum power – 80w
- Maximum power voltage (Vmp) 18V
- Maximum power current (lmp) 4.45A
- Open Circuit voltage (Voc) 22.54V
- Short Circuit Current (lsc) 4.76A
- Weight 6 Kg
- Size 770 x 680 x 25mm
- Power tolerance +/- 3%
Inverter (Changes 12v DC into 240V AC to power devices normally plugged into the mains grid supply)
- Rated Power: 500W, Peak Power: 1000W
- Input Voltage: DC 12V, Output Voltage: 230VAC±5%/50HZ ±3HZ
- USB Output Power: DC 5V 4.2A (5.2A Max), two x 2.4A
- Working Temperature: -10℃~40℃
- AC Outlet Standard: UK
Solar Charge Controller – Technical
Solar Panel Battery Charge Regulator Controller 12V / 24V Auto Switching
Solar charge controllers are required to regulate the power output from the solar panels to ensure effective charge of a typical 12V or 24V lead acid battery without overcharging. Charge controllers also help to prevent reverse power discharge from the battery back into the solar panel at night as they act in the same way as a blocking diode. PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) solar charge controllers provide a cost effective solution to linking your solar panel to the battery. Optimised charge control helps to prolong the life of the battery. The LCD display shows gives and indication of battery charging state and battery voltage. The display also indicates solar power input or power discharge from the battery. Our charge controllers use an industrial grade micro-controller chip to work in a wide range of temperatures and humidity.
Controller Technical Parameters
10A or 20A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL. This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
Maximum solar input; <50V
Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
* Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
Self consumption <10mA (0.12w at 12v)
working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
Weight – 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
Lowenergie Solar Panels have a 10 Year Warranty for materials and workmanship.
Power Output Warranty is at least 90% maximum power for first 10 years of use and;
Power Output Warranty of at least 80% maximum power output for up to 25 years use.
Inverter – manufacturers warranty
Battery Life – dependent of depth of discharge and number of full/partial discharges
Warning: The Charge Connection Order Below must be followed
1, Battery Cable, 2 Load Cable, 3, Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.
The charge controller can be used with one or more 12V batteries where additional storage capacity may be needed.