MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your BlueSolar MPPT charger by attaching a Bluetooth dongle and pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet with a GX device, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both VictronConnect and VRM are free to use. For remote installations – even when there is no internet connection nearby – you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
The intelligent Load output function prevents damage caused by running batteries ‘flat’. You can configure the voltage at which BlueSolar disconnects a load – thereby preventing excessive drain on your batteries. And here’s the clever bit: BlueSolar will attempt a 100% recharge every day. If it can’t – during periods of poor weather – it raises the disconnect voltage, daily, until it achieves success. We call this feature BatteryLife because it maintains the health, and extends the life of your battery.
BlueSolar Charge Controller MPPT100/20
- Battery voltage (auto select) 48V
- Rated charge current 20A
- Nominal PV power, 12V 1a,b) 290W
- Nominal PV power, 24V 1a,b) 580W
- Nominal PV power, 48V 1a,b) 1160W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2) 20A
- Automatic load disconnect Yes
- Max. PV open circuit voltage 100V
- Peak efficiency 98%
- Self-consumption – load on 26 / 20 / 19 mA
- Self-consumption – load off 10 / 8 / 7 mA
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ 14,4V / 28,8V / 57,6V (adj.)
- Charge voltage ‘float’ 13,8V / 27,6V / 55,2V (adj.)
- Charge algorithm multi-stage adaptive
- Temperature compensation -16 mV / °C resp. -32 mV / °C
- Max. continuous load current 20A / 20A / 1A
- Low voltage load disconnect 11,1V / 22,2V / 44,4V or 11,8V / 23,6V / 47,2V or Battery Life algorithm
- Low voltage load reconnect 13,1V / 26,2V / 52,4V or 14V / 28V / 56V or Battery Life algorithm
- Protection Output short circuit / Over temperature
- Operating temperature -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port VE.Direct (see the data communication white paper on our website)
- Colour Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals 6 mm² / AWG10
- Protection category IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight 0,65 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 100 x 113 x 60 mm
- Safety EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2
1a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start.
Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V
2) A PV array with a higher short circuit current may damage the controller
Victron Energy part number SCC110020170R