A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, BlueSolar maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. BlueSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your BlueSolar MPPT charger by attaching a Bluetooth dongle and pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet with a GX device, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both VictronConnect and VRM are free to use. For remote installations – even when there is no internet connection nearby – you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
Ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in the case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve.
Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
Fully programmable charge algorithm (see the software page on our website), and eight preprogrammed
algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch (see manual for details).
Extensive electronic protection
Over-temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high.
PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
PV reverse current protection.
Internal temperature sensor
Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
BlueSolar Charge Controller MPPT 150/35
- Battery voltage 12 / 24 / 48V Auto Select (software tool needed to select 36V)
- Rated charge current 35A
- Nominal PV power 1a, b) 35A 12V: 500W / 24V: 1000W / 36V: 1500W / 48V: 2000W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2) 40A
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage 150V absolute maximum coldest conditions
- 145V start-up and operating maximum
- Maximum efficiency 98%
- Self-consumption 12V: 20 mA 24V: 15 mA 48V: 10mA
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ Default setting: 14,4 / 28,8 / 43,2 / 57,6V (adjustable)
- Charge voltage ‘float’ Default setting: 13,8 / 27,6 / 41,4 / 55,2V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm multi-stage adaptive (eight pre-programmed algorithms)
- Temperature compensation -16 mV / -32 mV / -64 mV / °C
- Protection PV reverse polarity / output short circuit / over-temperature
- Operating temperature -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port VE.Direct (See the data communication white paper on Victron website)
- Colour Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals 16 mm² / AWG6
- Protection category IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight 1,25 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 130 x 186 x 70 mm
- Safety EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.24
1a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start.
Thereafter minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V.
2) A PV array with a higher short circuit current may damage the controller.
Victron Energy part number SCC020035000