Electronic TRV Radiator Thermostat Valve Digital Programmable
Traditional Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs) sense the air temperature around them and regulate the flow of water through the radiator which they are fitted to. They do not control the boiler. Inside the Traditional Thermostatic TRV Head is a sensor containing a wax or liquid material which expands as the room temperature warms up and contracts when it cools down. They have limited accuracy, hence why they typically only have 1,2,3,4,5 temperature settings.
This new 2016 Model Electronic TRV (eTRV), has digital temperature control so you can set your room temperature to 21 degrees centigrade or whatever temperature you desire. Its biggest advantage is you can also use these eTRV’s to program on/off and temperature times for every radiator in your building which can lead to significant energy savings of 20-25%. For every radiator not turned on unnecessarily, this effectively reduces the length of your heating circuit which means the water temperature in the central heating loop returns to the boiler at a higher temperature. Most Modern boilers will then use their economy settings to prevent boiler firing until heating loop cools within turn saves fuel. This eTRV allows for multi-room zoned temperature control of your house or workplace.
Setting a TRV to a higher temperature will not make the room heat up any faster. How quickly the room heats up depends on the boiler size and radiator size. Turning a TRV to a lower setting will result in the room being controlled at a lower comfortable temperature and saves energy. TRVs need a free flow of air to sense the temperature so they must not be covered by curtains or blocked by furniture.
Directly fits 30mm valve.
- M30 (30mm) x 1.5mm screw thread head to valve body connection.
- Backlit LCD display can be clearly read.
- Easy installation
- Five buttons for easy to use.
- 7 days 24-hour programming
- The display shows the set temperature or measured temperature and time.
- Temperature display in degrees Celsius.
- Thermostat operating voltage: Requires 2 x AA 1.5 V batteries.
- Backup storage: EEPROM program memory
- Switching options: Manual or 7 days 24-hour programming
- Temperature settings: 5°C ~ 35°C, 0.5°C increments.
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5°C
- Thermostat dimensions: φ55*69mm
- Max Extension: 5.0mm
- Colour: White
- IP protection rating: IP20
- Certification: CE
See how you can save extra money by visiting our interactive energy saving house here