- Made by Stormguard
- Push fit seal for all casement timber doors and window
- Elite 11 Joinery Seal can be used as a premium gasket for ungasketed frames or as a premium repair solution
- 6m in length, suitable for 1 door set or windows frames
- Seal gaps up to 8mm
- Resistant to UV and temperature changes
- Enhances the performance of timber window frames
- Suitable for frames with grooved rebate- rebate size: 2mm wide x 6mm deep
- Compatible with water and solvent based finishes
Why Draught Proof?
Your house or commercial property will lose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to the air-leakiness of the building. This warm air loss is technically known as infiltration or permeability and is measured in metres cubed per hour per square metre of floor area.
A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will lose around 20-30 metres cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors.
Good use of draft proofing could reduce your air permeability to around 8-10 metres cubed per hour which is a good low cost way of reducing your heating bills. The amount of air infiltration to your property will also depend on its exposure to wind so if you are on a hillside or near the coast then it is even more beneficial for you have good draught proofing.