Self-Adhesive extra thick draught excluder from Stormguard
- 12.5mm wide strip
- Seals gaps from 4-7mm
- White, Black or Brown Foam
- 3.5M Roll
- This is not standard thick foam, it’s much better.
- It is made with EPDM Rubber.
- This product does not absorb water and will therefore not freeze.
- The foam will remain soft even in cold weather.
- The foam therefore has an excellent memory and retains its shape even in cold weather.
- Much better performance and long life than cheap PVC foam.
Advantages of Draught Proofing
Your house or commercial property will lose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to air infiltration or the permeability of the building. Infiltration or permeability is measured in meters cubed per hour per square meter of floor area. A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will lose around 15-25 meter cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors. Good use of draft proofing could reduce your air permeability to around 10-15 meters cubed per hour which is a good low-cost way of reducing you heating bills.