Normal household timers are not built to take the high inductive loads produced by HID ballasts or several large CFL bulbs. These types of lights have a high startup current which will quickly burn out standard relays contacts and eventually weld them together preventing further switching, when then leaves your lights permanently on.
Our Lowenergie™ Heavy Duty Timer has an upgraded high load contactor relay built in to deal with short bursts of high electrical current and has no problem dealing with the inductive loads produced by a 600w ballast. This means that no separate contactor is required, saving you money. It is a 24 hour, 15 minute segment timer, with 96 switching operations within a 24 hour period (every 15 mins). It is suitable for timing 600w HID ballasts, is very reliable and has a high quality timer unit. Along with a robust case design with socket and timer dust/moisture covers. This unit is ideal for timing 400w and 600w ballasts. Do not use more than one 600w ballast per timer.
- UK Plug socket
- 24 Hour Timer
- 15 Minute timing intervals
- For use with CID/HID Grow lights or other high start-up current applications
- Operates up to 6 X 200W CFL or 1 X 600W HID Ballast
- No need for a separate contactor relay
- Simple to use
- Suitable for use with extension leads
- Size 150mm (h) x 75mm (w) x 50mm (d) not incl plug prongs
- Input/ output voltage – 210 – 265V AC
- Max load for CFL compact fluorescent lighting 1200W
- Max load for HID high intensity discharge lighting 600W
- 22A relay. 22A max load built in contactor relay
- IP44 rating (splash proof water resistance)