Knauf loft insulation will save you a lot of money by reducing heat loss through your roof. 35% of your household heat is lost through your roof. Loft insulation can reduce heating bills by £350 per year (rising to huge savings of £700 to 1000 a year from late 2022 due to rising energy costs). Even making your loft insulation thicker to the recommended 270mm can save £200-300 per year, or you can go even further and aim for passivhaus standards with around 450mm thick insulation. Passivhaus design means you can use very little or no heating.
Knauf Loft Roll Insulation is primarily used for the thermal insulation of pitched roofs at ceiling level and it can also be used to thermally insulate floors. When used to insulate at ceiling level it is usually laid in two layers, with the first layer between the joists and the second thick top layer over, and at right angles to the joists.
- Lightweight and economic insulation quilt
- Provides thermal, acoustic and fire performance
- Very Low Itch (nice to install and nothing like the old itchy fibreglass)
- ECOSE Technology – softer to handle compared with traditional mineral wool
- Thickness options, 100mm base layer, 170mm top layer. (270mm recommended thickness)
- Roll Width 1140mm
- Roll Length 100mm thick 7.28m, 170mm thick 5.68m
- Roll Coverage, 100mm covers 8.30m2, 170mm covers 6.47m2
- Combi-Cut Roll. Partially-cut to suit 400mm or 600mm joist centers for easier insulation
- R-Value (thermal resistance) 100mm = 2.25, 170mm = 3.85m3/K/W
- Thermal Conductivity 0.044 W/mK
- Standard EN 13162
- Material, Mineral Wool
- Can be used in conjunction with top-up layers and loft storage solutions such as Loftlegs or Loftlegs XL
Knauf Loft Roll is free from CFCs, HCFCs and any other material with ozone depletion potential in its manufacture and content and represents no known threat to the environment. Knauf Loft Roll manufacture has a low impact on the environment and is classified as Zero ODP and Zero GWP.
Knauf Loft Roll is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
100mm based layer insulation should be fitted between wooden ceiling joists. The 170mm top layer is fitted ‘cross layered’ at 90 degrees to the base layer. You may need a wooden plank/ crawl board to help you with installation and protect plastered ceilings. Follow manufacturers installation advice as shown on packaging.
We can only deliver to England, Wales and the Scottish Mainland.
Delivery is NOT available to Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands or Scilly Islands. Any orders to these areas will be cancelled and refunded.
Delivery is made within 3 to 5 days. We could deliver your order on large vehicles which need good access. Please advise us in the comments box/notes to the seller if there are any access restrictions.