Your basket is currently empty!
Poly 50W Solar Panel Kit 2
50w Poly-Crystalline Solar Panel Charging Kit and Mounting Brackets
Out of stock
Solar Kit Contents
- 50-Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel with 1M cable & MC4 Plugs attached
- 5 Metre Solar Power Extension Cable with MC4 Connectors
- 10A PWM Solar Charge Controller including USB output
- 4 x Aluminium brackets
In the event that the solar panel is in shade for a prolonged period, our solar panels either have one or two built-in bypass diodes which will enable the panel to continue generating.
Solar Panel Battery Charge Regulator Controller 12V / 24V Auto Switching
Solar charge controllers are required to regulate the power output from the solar panels to ensure effective charge of a typical 12V or 24V lead acid battery without overload. PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) solar charge controller provide a cost-effective solar charger for the solar panel outputs in our range. Optimised charge control which helps to prolong the life of the battery. 3-6% more effective than non-PWM charge controllers. LED indicator light to show battery state. Uses industrial grade microcontroller chip to work in a wide range of temperatures and humidity.
Warning: The Connection Order Below must be followed
1, Battery Cable, 2 Load Cable, 3, Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.
These charge controllers can be used with one or more 12V batteries where additional storage capacity may be needed.
Technical Specifications – 50w Solar Panel
- Maximum Power (Pmax): 50W
- Maximum Power Voltage (VMP): 17.8V
- Maximum Power Current (IMP): 2.80A
- Open Circuit Voltage (VOC): 21.36V
- Short Circuit Current (ISC): 3.08A
- Weight: 4 KG
- Size: 680*530*25mm
- Power Tolerance: +/-3%
- Maximum System Voltage: DC1000V
Solar Charge Controller – Technical
- 10A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL. This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
- Self-consumption <10ma 0=”” 12w=”” at=”” 12v=”” li=””>
- working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
- * Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge. Product features
1, built in industrial microcontroller
2, large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
3, full four-stage PWM charge management
4, built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection, overload protection.
5, dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production.
1. Make sure your battery has enough voltage for the controller to recognise the battery type before first installation.
2. The battery cable should be as short as possible to minimise loss.
Metal Brackets (set of 4)
Aluminium, lightweight & 100mm in length