Stormguard Sash Window Seal in White
Why Draught Proof?
Your house or commercial property will lose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to the air-leakiness of the building. This warm air loss is technically known as infiltration or permeability and is measured in metres cubed per hour per square metre of floor area. A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will lose around 20-30 metres cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors. Good use of draft proofing could reduce your air permeability to around 8-10 metres cubed per hour which is a good low-cost way of reducing you heating bills. The amount of air infiltration to your property will also depend on its exposure to wind so if you are on a hillside or near the coast then it is even more beneficial for you have good draught proofing.
- Premium Sash Window Seal
- The total length of the gap around a typical sash window can reach up to 4 m in length and has an average width of about 2mm.
- Without adequate draft proofing, each sash window can result in a significant heat loss, especially during windy conditions
- Seals gaps up to 5 mm
- Pack of 5 x 914 mm lengths
- Soft sweeping brushes
- Stainless steel fixing pins for easy fixing
- 4-year manufacturers guarantee
- For application and fitting details, see photos