Your basket is currently empty!
Solar Thermal Water Heater Mat 1.33m x 3m, Pump and Solar Panel Kit
Solar Hot Water Heating Kit – Solar Panel Pump heating Swimming Pool
£169.99 – £429.99
POOL NOT INCLUDED! Solar Heating Mat, choice of 20W or 30w Solar Panel and Pump Only
Totally Free Energy
Free sun powered heating and free sun powered electricity for the pump.
Keep those dangerous extension leads and mains powered electricity well away from the water. Safe solar panel output voltage.
- Choice of quantity of EPDM/ NBR tough rubber mat, UPVC resistant, each mat has dimensions 1.33 cm wide, 300cm long with manifold pipes.
- Choice of 1 x 20w or 30w solar panel, 18 volt DC output – connects directly to the pump
- 1pc 12-24v Solar Water pump with 32mm (1.25 inch) pool pipe connectors, 420 Litres per hour circulation rate through the Solar collector which is sufficient.
- 2pcs, water intake & output pipe connections which will fit a standard 32mm pool hose
- 2pcs, metal jubilee clips to ensure tight pipe connections
- 2pcs, manifold connection pipes to enable multiple heating mats to be joined together for increased heat generation used with larger pools.
- 1 Roll PTFE Tape for enabling good watertight pipe connections
6pcs spare rubber gaskets
- 5m 32mm pool hose (colour may vary)
- 1pc, detailed 12 page user manual which also gives advice on expansion kits and larger solar pool heating applications.
This solar pool heating kit is an environmentally friendly product using free heat from the sun. It works by absorbing heat from the sun’s rays into the specially designed the heavy duty black matt material. Water is circulated through the pipes within the mat which is warmed up and in turn gives you and your kids a lovely warm pool which does not cost the earth and is certainly much cheaper than any other form of water heating. For example, a 3KW electric pool heater could use over 11 of electricity per day!
Our solar pool heating mat can increase the temperature of your pool by 3 to 5 C per day depending on the pool size and weather conditions. During testing, over 2 to 3 days we have used this product to increase a pool temperature from around 20 C to almost 36 C which is certainly very comfortable.
We have chosen a tough NBR rubber material for our solar absorption mats which will have a long life and is UPVC degradation resistant. In our recent testing of similar products we found that the cheaper PVC solar absorption mats are very easily punctured but their biggest problem is that the PVC material warps in the heat of the sun which can restrict water flow (see photos)
1. Solar Pool Heaters are eco-friendly and produce clean energy. They will not harm the environment and help to reduce carbon emissions.
2. Solar Pool Heating Systems can significantly increase the seasons of the year you can comfortably use your pool which adds real value to your pool and home.
3. Solar Pool heating can pay for itself in a very short period of time, depending on the system used and installation.
4. Solar Pool Heating Systems reduce your energy usage will give you real monetary savings every day.
5. Our Solar Panel collector is made from EPDM/NBR, which is virtually immune to ultraviolet radiation and ozone. It is also highly resistant to pool chemicals and harsh climate.
Solar Collector Installation Guidance
It is recommended that the solar pool heating mat is positioned as the same level as your pool so avoid pumping circulation water uphill which will reduce the water flow rate If the solar collector is mounted directly onto your lawn on a seasonal basis when your pool is in use, you may wish to lift if slightly above the grass as it does get very warm and can scorch the grass. Tilting the solar collector mat towards the sun will also increase its efficiency. One or more solar collector mats can be joined together for increased heating capacity. Solar collector panels should be orientated to south in facing in the earth s northern hemisphere and in an un-shaded location.
Calculation Example (Children’s Play Pools) : Circular pool, 8 foot diameter (2.44M diameter). pool diameter X pool diameter X average depth X 0.79
Calculate your pool water volume i.e. 2.44M x 2.44M x 0.5m in depth X 0.79 = Pool volume 2.35m3 (0.79 corrects water volume for the round pool)
Recommended minimum panel coverage is 75% = 1.76 m2.
So two 1m solar collectors are recommended, or you can oversize the solar collectors to compensate for occasional cloudy conditions.
Other Accessories you can consider for you pool
You can also use a standard Bestway/ Intex type pool filter, like shown on photos. Our solar pump can also push the water through the solar heating collector mat and filter although the flow rate may be lowered to around 360 litres per hour.
Additional 32mm (1.25 inch) pool hose can be purchased here
Detailed installation guide here