The Blue Smart IP22 Charger is the new professional battery charger with built-in Bluetooth. The Blue Smart IP22 Charger can be used on devices in your workshop and on motor vehicles, such as (classic) cars; motorbikes; boats and camper-vans.
The wireless solution to monitor voltage and current, to change settings and to update the charger when new features become available
With up to 94 % efficiency, these chargers generate up to four times less heat when compared to the industry standard. And once the battery is fully charged, power consumption reduces to 0,5 Watt, some five to ten times better than the industry standard.
Adaptive 6-stage charge algorithm: test – bulk – absorption – recondition – float – storage
The Blue Smart Charger features a microprocessor controlled ‘adaptive’ battery management. The adaptive feature will automatically optimize the charging process relative to the way the battery is being used.
Fully programmable charge algorithm
Absorption, Float and Storage voltages as well as the Recondition setting and the temperature compensation value can be programmed with the Bluetooth app. After enabling the Expert mode, the app allows changing practically all parameters and time limits used by the charge algorithm.
Storage Mode: less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use
The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge for 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2,2 V/cell (13,2 V for a 12 V battery) to minimize gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulfation, which are major causes of early battery failure.
Also charges Li-ion batteries
Li-ion batteries are charged with a simple bulk – absorption – float algorithm.
Fully discharged battery recovery function
Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts. Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with internal disconnect function
NIGHT and LOW setting
When in NIGHT or LOW mode, the output current is reduced to max. 50 % of the nominal output and the charger will be totally noiseless. The NIGHT mode automatically ends after 8 hours. The LOW mode can be ended manually.
Protected against overheating
Output current will reduce as temperature increases up to 50 °C, but the Blue Smart Charger will not fail.
Eleven LEDs for status indication
Charge algorithm: TEST / BULK / ABSORPTION / RECONDITION / FLOAT / STORAGE / READY. MODE button to set: NORMAL (14,4 V) / HIGH (14,7 V) / RECONDITION / LI-ION.
Forty cycle history log
The history screen contains historical usage data over the charger’s lifetime and detailed statistics for the last 40 charge cycles.
The VE.Smart Network is a wireless device to device (D2D) communication network between Victron products, using Bluetooth Smart.
Optional battery voltage and temperature compensation, and current sensing
The VE.Smart Network opens the possibility to optimize the charge process: a Smart Battery Sense, Smart Battery Monitor or a SmartShunt can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more battery chargers. A Smart Battery Monitor or SmartShunt will also communicate battery current.
Synchronized parallel charging
Synchronize up to ten battery chargers in a VE.Smart network to make them charge a battery as if they were one large charger. The chargers will synchronize the charge algorithm between them. They will simultaneously switch from one charge state to another, for example from bulk to absorption. Synchronized parallel charging has several interesting advantages:
- Redundancy: if one charger stops for whatever reason, the other chargers will continue to operate.
- Flexibility: simply add a charger to the network if more current is needed.
- Cost: several low power chargers will in general cost less than one high power charger.
- Installation: several low power chargers may be easier to fit in a confined space
- Input voltage range 180 – 265 VAC
- Charge current, normal mode 16A
- Charge current, NIGHT or LOW 8A
- Efficiency 94%
- No load power consumption 0.5W
- Frequency 45 – 65 Hz
- Number of outputs 1
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ Normal: 28,8 V High: 29,4 V Li-ion: 28,4 V
- Charge voltage ‘float’ Normal: 27,6 V High: 27,6 V Li-ion: 27,0 V
- Charge voltage ‘storage’ Normal: 26,4 V High: 26,4 V Li-ion: 27,0 V
- Charge algorithm 6-stage adaptive
- Can be used as power supply Yes
- Protection Battery reverse polarity (fuse) Output short circuit Over temperature
- Operating temp. range -40 to +60 °C (full rated output up to 40 °C)
- Humidity (non-condensing) Max 98 %
- Material & Colour Aluminium (blue RAL 5012)
- Battery connection Screw terminals 16 mm² / AWG6
- 230 VAC connection Cable of 1,5 meter with BS 1363 plug (UK) o
- Protection category IP22
- Weight 1,3 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 235 x 108 x 65 mm
- Safety EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29
- Emission EN 55014-1, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-3-2
- Immunity EN 55014-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-3-3
- Automotive ECE R10-5
Victron Energy Part Number: BPC241647022
Phone NOT included