Bluetooth Smart built-in – The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronise SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
VE.Direct – For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) – Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Load output – Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect
the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage (48V model: interface with a relay).
Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery Life.
The load output is short circuit proof.
Battery Life: intelligent battery management – When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that thebattery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of operation(no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months.
The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load
disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly
the full 100%. From that point onwards, the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is
achieved about once every week.
Programmable battery charge algorithm – See the software section on Victron Energy website for details
Day/night timing and light dimming option – See the software section on Victron Energy website for details
Internal temperature sensor – Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth – A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
Fully discharged battery recovery function – Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts.
Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with integrated disconnect function.
SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 75/15
- Battery voltage (auto select) 12/24V
- Rated charge current 15A
- Nominal PV power, 12V 1a,b) 220W
- Nominal PV power, 24V 1a,b) 440W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2) 15A
- Automatic load disconnect Yes
- Max. PV open circuit voltage 75V
- Peak efficiency 98%
- Self-consumption – load on 12V: 19 mA 24V: 16 mA
- Self-consumption – load off 12V: 10 mA 24V: 8 mA
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ 14,4V / 28,8V (adjustable)
- Charge voltage ‘float’ 13,8V / 27,6V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm multi-stage adaptive
- Temperature compensation -16 mV / °C resp. -32 mV / °C
- Max. continuous load current 15A
- Low voltage load disconnect 11,1V / 22,2V / 44,4V or 11,8V / 23,6V / 47,2V or Battery Life algorithm
- Low voltage load reconnect 13,1V / 26,2V / 52,4V or 14V / 28V / 56V or Battery Life algorithm
- Protection Output short circuit / Over temperature
- Operating temperature -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port VE.Direct (see the data communication white paper on VE website)
- Colour Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals 6 mm² / AWG10
- Protection category IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight 0,5 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 100 x 113 x 40 mm
Safety EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2
1a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start.
Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V
2) A PV array with a higher short circuit current may damage the controller
Victron Energy part number SCC075015060R
PHONE NOT INCLUDED