- Enhances the performance of timber window frames
- Suitable for frames with grooved rebate- rebate size: 3mm wide x 6.5mm deep
- Dual hardness material, compatible with water and solvent based finishes
- Seals gaps 3mm-5mm
- Suitable for use in joinery applications
- Material: Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
Why Draught Proof?
Your house or commercial property will lose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to the air-leakiness of the building. This warm air loss is technically known as infiltration or permeability and is measured in metres cubed per hour per square metre of floor area.
A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will lose around 20-30 metres cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors.
Good use of draft proofing should reduce your air permeability to around 8-10 metres cubed per hour which is a good low cost way of reducing your heating bills. The amount of air infiltration to your property will also depend on its exposure to wind so if you are on a hillside or near the coast then it is even more beneficial for you have good draught proofing.
See how you can save extra money by visiting our interactive energy saving house here