This wireless communication thermostat can replace most common residential thermostats and is designed to be used with gas, electric and oil heating systems.
This thermostat can be used for connection directly to a traditional boiler or combination boiler to control when the heating is turned on/off. It can also be connected to a pump/valve in order to control heating temperature and on/off times to one specific part of a building, for example when zoning ground floor and first floor of a typical house for separate heating control. This thermostat is normally used to replace an existing thermostat or in a new heating installation. A wire does need to be run from the position of this wall thermostat to the heating boiler to control the heating on/off signal.
2 Part Thermostat. (The 2 parts communicate with each other using wireless radio communication)
Part 1 – The Screen, which is wireless battery powered wall/ free standing.
Part 2 – Receiver which is all mounted next to the boiler and receives the wireless radio signal from the wall thermostat.
The air temperature sensor is inside part one, the screen. The screen is usually positioned in a central location such as a ground floor hallway away from windows or cold draughts. The screen detects the air temperature. When the set temperature is reached, the screen sends a wireless radio signal to the receiver located next to the boiler. The receiver has a relay inside which then cuts the power to the boiler to turn off the heating and vice versa. The receiver is wired to two terminals inside your heating boiler. You will have to check online to find your boiler manufacturers installation manual to confirm where these terminals are located. If a heating thermostat has not been connected to your boiler before, there will usually be a loop wire which needs to be removed. If in doubt, consult with an electrician or heating installer.
Wall Thermostat Screen Features
- Power supply: 4 AAA Batteries (not included)
- Frequency band: 868 Mhz
- Wireless RF distance: up to 100m in an open site (will be reduced by walls)
- Temperature setting range: 5 to 50 deg C
- Temperature accuracy: 0.1 deg C
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 deg C
- Humidity range: 90%
- Shipping and storage temperature: -20 to 65 deg C
- Dimensions: 124 x 88 x 21mm
- Installation: Wall Mounted or Free Standing (there is a fold out stand on the back) large LCD display
- The screen displays the set temperature and room temperature, also time simultaneously permanent user setting and program setting retention during power loss
- Vacation mode and hold duration mode available for comfort and energy-saving
- Optional programming period: 7 days independent programming. 7 days unified programming or separate 5 day (weekend) and 1 day/ 1 day (Saturday/Sunday) programming with 4 or 6 Separate time/temperature periods per day
- Display temperature calibration
- Low battery indication
- Anti-freezing protection
- Open window function (turns the heating off when there is a sudden temperature for more than 4 minutes)
- Password lock function
- Simple 2-wire connection line on from boiler/ live out.
- Instructions booklet included
Wall Thermostat Screen Features
- Power source: 100 – 240 V AC
- Wireless signal frequency: 868 Mhz (FSK)
- Wireless signal effective range: 100m
- Ambient temperature operation: 0 to 50 deg C
- Ambient temperature for storage/transport: 10 to 60 deg C
- Dimensions : 86 x 86 x 24.4mm