Mono 10W Solar Panel Kit 2
10 Watt Mono-crystalline Solar Panel with 1M cable attached - Kit 2
Solar Panel Technical Specification
|Maximum Power (Pmax)||10W|
|Maximum Power Voltage (VMP)||17.6V|
|Maximum Power Current (IMP)||0.57A|
|Open Circuit Voltage (VOC)||21.5V|
|Short Circuit Current (ISC)||0.64V|
|Maximum System Voltage||DC1000V|
Please note the above is for guidance only and the dimensions/weight can change without prior notice
In the event that the solar panel is in shade for a prolonged period, our solar panels either have one or two built-in bypass diodes which will enable the panel to continue generating.
Solar Panel Battery Charge Regulator Controller 12V / 24V Auto Switching
Solar charge controllers are required to regulate the power output from the solar panels to ensure effective charge of a typical 12V or 24V lead acid battery without overload. PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) solar charge controller provide a cost effective solar charger for the solar panel outputs in our range. Optimised charge control which helps to prolong the life of the battery. 3-6% more effective than non-PWM charge controllers. LED indicator light to show battery state. Uses industrial grade micro-controller chip to work in a wide range of temperatures and humidity.
Warning: The Connection Order Below must be followed
1, Battery Cable, 2 Load Cable, 3, Solar Panel Cable
Do not install the charge controller in a sealed enclosure where battery gases can accumulate.
These charge controllers can be used with one or more 12V batteries where additional storage capacity maybe needed.
Solar Charge Controller - Technical
- 10A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL. This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet - 5V/3A maximum.
- Self consumption <10ma 0="" 12w="" at="" 12v="" li="">
- working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions - 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight - 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
1, built in industrial microcontroller
2, large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
3, full four-stage PWM charge management
4, built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection, overload protection.
5, dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production.
Solar Kit Contents
- 10 Watt Mono-crystalline Solar Panel with 1M cable attached
- 2 Metre battery connection cable with crocodile clips
- 10A PWM Solar Charge Controller including USB outlets
- 4X metal solar panel mounting brackets
Why Go Solar?
Beat energy inflation, energy security, remote location power sources (save a fortune on armored cabling), mobile power sources, fast payback periods over conventional fuel sources such as diesel generation and hook-ups, keep batteries fully charged at all time as deep discharge shortens life, environmentally friendly power which reduces carbon emissions to slow global warming and climate change.
Monocrystalline Advantages over Cheaper Polycrystalline solar panels
purest silicone 16-20% efficiency
performs better in lower light levels i.e. in overcast skies
longest life with lowest rate of performance loss of only 0.36% per year, therefore a 100w panel would be around 91w after 25 years
better heat tolerance, i.e. performs better on hot summer days
lower grade silicone 13-16% efficiency
cheaper production costs
performance loss 0.64% per year, therefore a 100w panel would be around 84w after 25 years
slightly lower heat tolerance than mono crystalline solar panels, i.e. excessive heating of the panel causes a reduction in power generation
Sheds, Stables, Boats, Caravans, Motorhomes, electric fencing, road/ path/ driveway illuminated signage, campsites, yurts, multi-panel off grid power source for small buildings, remote telecomms, mobile food outlets, and many more...
Independent Off-Grid Solar Power Source
One or more solar panels can be connected a battery bank and power inverter using a solar charge controller. You can therefore have a 240v power supply anywhere in the world without grid supply. Please see our solar power kits.
Solar Panels do still generate power during cloudy and rainy weather!
A rough to guide solar panel power output relative to weather conditions:-
100% power output - clear sky midday sun with the panel fully tilted toward the sun's position in the sky.
75-85% output - clear sky midday sun but with the panel laid flat
50% output - thin cloud, or intermittent small clouds
10-20% output - midday overcast sky or rainy conditions