Water Saving Shower Pack
These water and energy saving showers work best with hot and cold mixer showers, thermostatic mixer showers and power showers. Eco Shower heads can be used with electric showers but they will generally not be able to give water or energy savings as electric showers regulates their own water flow. If this Eco shower head is used with an electric shower it will have the benefit of increasing pressure due to the aeration which is especially beneficial on low power 8 - 9.5 KW showers during winter when the water flow rate is very slow.
· Patented shower with up to 50% water saving compared to a conventional shower
· Full flow aerating shower with consistent spray pressure just as good as a conventional shower
· Independent testing has shown these shower heads can reduce your hot water bill by £75 per year* and reduce you metered water bill by £60 per year* in a typical property
· Lime scale build up prevention with wipe clean rubber nodules
· Helps you to reduce your carbon emissions protecting the environment
· Excellent value and water/ energy saving with performance better than market leading models.
· Fits onto a standard shower hose, simply screws on, no tools needed
· Has the added benefit of 5 different shower patterns, all with the same water/ energy saving properties.
· Self drains giving frost protection in motor home/ caravans
How it Works
A water saving aerating device is fitted at the base of the shower. Air will be inhaled continuously into water stream through the venturi hole to create a mix of water and air, this speeds up the water stream leading to an improvement of the water pressure, meanwhile water would be saved as air takes up half of the space. When water reaches the skin, it explodes automatically giving a pressurized and oxygenised SPA and massage feeling, with an enhanced blood circulation effect
- General residential usage
- University residences
- Motor Homes
Typical Technical Specifications
High pressure water flow (approx 30% less water/ energy usage), Conventional shower 13 Litres/ minute, Lowenergie shower 9.1 Litres/ minute
Low pressure water flow (approx 28% less water/ energy usage), Conventional shower 3.5 Litres/ minute, Lowenergie shower 2.5 Litres/ minute
Boat/ caravan/ motor home application (approx 25 – 35% less water/energy usage); Conventional shower 3.9 to 4.6 Litres/ minute, Lowenergie shower 2.9 Litres/ minute, or your previous 6 minute shower can now last 10 minutes before you run out of water (based on 30L usage).
* Hot water gas savings £75 per year energy saving is based on an average efficiency conventional heating with separate hot water storage cylinder and a mixer shower. A typical shower could use 60 litres of hot water, which costs 7 kilowatt hours of gas to heat. Typical gas cost per KWhr is 4.3 pence, therefore 30 pence per shower. Based on two shower per day 365 days per year 30p x 2 x 365 = £219 hot water bill, 35% hot water saving is £76 per year
* Metered Water savings. The metered water bill for a typical house can be £587 based on water consumption of 433 Litres per day. 433L x 365 days is 158000L, therefore cost per litre of metered water is 0.37pence per litre. A typical shower for 6 minutes can use 60L of water, which costs 0.37p x 60 = 22p. two showers per days 365 days per year is £162, 35% water saving with this shower head saves £57 per year.
This Shut-off valve is a great water conservation accessory to add to your shower, especially in a Caravan, Motorhome or Boat.
Once your shower has warmed up after your initial rinse down, you can conserve a great deal of water and heating energy by quickly and easily shutting off the water flow whilst you lather down or apply hair shampoo. Then just flick the valve open again for wash down. It's possible to have a complete shower with as little as 20 litres of water when combined with on of our low flow water saving shower heads.
An additional benefit of this shut off valve is where you may have a two tap or mixer pillar tap where in order to temporarily turn off the water, this means messing up your hot and cold mix. If you use this shower stop valve, you can leave the hot and cold mix on the taps and close the stop valve, which means, when the water flow is turned on again, it is already adjusted to the correct temperature same as last time it was on.
Not recommended for use with 7.5 to 10.5kw high power instant electric showers in some houses.
In high water pressure areas, it is recommended that the stop valve is positioned at the start of the shower hose.
In low water pressure areas, caravans, boats and motorhomes, the stop valve can be fitted at either end of the valve, it's your choice.