A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
The SmartSolar charge controller will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulphated or otherwise damaged.
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
- Outstanding conversion efficiency.
- Natural convection cooling.
- Automatic battery voltage recognition.
- Flexible charge algorithm.
- Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
- SmartSolar models have Bluetooth.
- VictronConnect Application. Connects via Bluetooth
Firmware update options:
- Local updates via the VictronConnect Application (via Bluetooth)
- Remote updates via VRM website and a GX device
- VictronConnect Application (free download)
- Wire boxes, to cover and protect the terminals. See table on page 2 for wire box types
- Control and display panels: MPPT control or SmartSolar control)
- GX monitoring device (CCGX, Venus GX, Octo GX or Cerbo GX)
- Data cables: VE.Direct cable, RJ45 Cable (VE.Can models only), USB-VE.Direct interface
- External control cables: TX cable, non-inverting cable
Bluetooth Smart built-in
The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronise SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
Ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve
energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve.
Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
Fully programmable charge algorithm (see the software page on our website), and eight preprogrammed algorithms,
selectable with a rotary switch (see manual for details).
Extensive electronic protection
– Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
– PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
– PV reverse current protection.
Internal temperature sensor
Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth
A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to
one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
Fully discharged battery recovery function
Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts.
Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with integrated disconnect function.
SmartSolar Charge Controller -150/45
- Battery voltage 12 / 24 / 48V Auto Select (software tool needed to select 36V)
- Rated charge current 45A
- Nominal PV power 1a, b) 45A 12V: 650W / 24V: 1300W / 36V: 1950W / 48V: 2600W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2) 50A
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage 150V absolute maximum coldest conditions
- 145V start-up and operating maximum
- Maximum efficiency 98%
- Self-consumption 12V: 20mA 24V: 15mA 48V: 10mA
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ Default setting: 14,4 / 28,8 / 43,2 / 57,6V (adjustable)
- Charge voltage ‘float’ Default setting: 13,8 / 27,6 / 41,4 / 55,2V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm multi-stage adaptive (eight pre-programmed algorithms)
- Temperature compensation -16 mV / -32 mV / -64 mV / °C
- Protection PV reverse polarity / output short circuit / over-temperature
- Operating temperature -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port VE.Direct
- Colour Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals 16 mm² / AWG6
- Protection category IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight 1,25 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 130 x 186 x 70 mm
- Safety EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2
1a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start.
Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V.
2) A PV array with a higher short circuit current may damage the controller
PHONE NOT INCLUDED