This 40W Lowenergie folding solar kit includes all you need for charging 12V battery:
- High efficiency 20W + 20W folding solar panels
- Advanced fully automated 10A solar charge controller with many protection functions
- Adjustable aluminium stand, handle and latches
- Cable with a battery plug and a fuse
- Battery crocodile clips for ease of connection
- Protective case
- Installation manual
The kit has several important features which make it a truly unique premium quality product:
- High efficiency 40W folding monocrystalline solar panels are made of high quality solar cells
- Storage bag is not just a dust cover – it’s a protective case made with a layer of foam which can prevent accidental damages to the frame and glass
- Advanced fully automated 10A solar charge controller provides complete overcharge, reverse current, incorrect polarity and short circuit protection
- The controller uses PWM technology and supports several battery types with different charging parameters for maximum efficiency of charging
- The kit is very easy to set up and install, you can start using it in seconds.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 40W
- Maximum Power voltage: 18V
- Maximum power current: 2.22A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.5V
- Short circuit current: 2.44A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Support stand to angle towards direct sunlight for max generation
- Anderson power disconnect plug
- 10a fused battery power cable protection
- Crocodile battery connection clips
- 420mm x 350mm x 70mm
- Weight 4.6kg
Charger Controller specifications:
- 10A max Rated Discharge Current and Rated Charge Current.
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems, auto detecting & auto switching
- Only suitable for lead acid batteries: Sealed wet lead acid, AGM, GEL. This controller is not suitable for nickel metal hydride, lithium ion or other batteries.
- Maximum solar input; <50V
- Equalisation; Sealed 14.4V, Gel 14.2V
- Float Charge; 13.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- Load outlet discharge stop – 10.7V (by default, value adjustable)
- * Discharge Reconnect – 12.6V (by default, value adjustable)
- USB outlet – 5V/3A maximum.
- Self consumption <10mA (0.12w at 12v)
- working temperature range -35 to +60 Deg C
- Dimensions – 150 x 78 x 35 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
* Discharge reconnect meaning. This voltage is user adjustable. As the load consumes the power within the battery, the voltage eventually drops to 10.7V and the load output of the controller will automatically stop any further charge from protect the battery. If for example the next day maybe rainy or cloudy day and the battery charges slowly, if the voltage is still below 12.6V, the load output from the controller will still not work. If the sun comes out in the afternoon, or the next day is much sunnier conditions, once the battery voltage rises above 12.6V, the controller load output will automatically start to work again. Discharge reconnect is set to 12.6V by default, although you may wish to set this perhaps 12.4V. Discharge reconnect is aimed at protecting the battery and reducing the depth of discharge cycling. Lead acid batteries last longer with shallow discharge.
- Large LCD display, all parameters are adjustable
- Built in short circuit protection, open circuit protection, reverse protection, overload protection.
- Dual MOSFET reverse current protection, low heat production.
- Full four-stage PWM charge management
- Built in industrial microcontroller
Only suitable for Lead acid batteries.