Suitable for lead acid batteries only
The Battery Balancer equalizes the state of charge of two series connected 12V batteries, or of several parallel strings of series connected batteries.
When the charge voltage of a 24V battery system increases to more than 27V, the Battery Balancer will turn on and compare the voltage over the two series connected batteries. The Battery Balancer will draw a current of up to 1A from the battery (or parallel connected batteries) with the highest voltage. The resulting charge current differential will ensure that all batteries will converge to the same state of charge.
If needed, several balancers can be paralleled.
A 48V battery bank can be balanced with three Battery Balancers.
Victron Battery Balancer
- Input voltage range Up to 18V per battery, 36V total
- Turn on level 27,3V +/- 1%
- Turn off level 26,6V +/- 1%
- Current draw when off 0,7 mA
- Midpoint deviation to start balancing 50 mV
- Maximum balancing current 0,7A (when deviation > 100 mV)
- Alarm trigger level 200 mV
- Alarm reset level 140 mV
- Alarm relay 60V / 1A normally open
- Alarm relay reset Two terminals to connect a push button
- Over temperature protection yes
- Operating temperature -30 to +50°C
- Humidity (non-condensing) 95%
- Suitable for lead acid batteries only
- Colour Blue (RAL 5012)
- Connection terminals Screw terminals 6 mm² / AWG10
- Protection category IP22
- Weight 0,4 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d) 100 x 113 x 47 mm
- Safety EN 60950, CSA/UL 62368-1
- Emission EN 61000-6-3, EN 55014-1
- Immunity EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 55014-2
- Automotive Directive EN 50498