This item is a special purchase and will be ordered directly from Victron Energy for you so there may be a slight delay.
A MultiPlus, plus ESS (Energy Storage System) functionality
The MultiPlus-II is a multi-functional inverter/charger with all the features of the MultiPlus, plus an external
current sensor option that extends the PowerControl and PowerAssist function to 50A resp. 100A.
The MultiPlus-II is ideally suited for professional marine, yachting, vehicle and land-based off-grid applications.
It also has built-in anti-islanding functionality and an increasingly long list of country approvals for ESS applications.
Several system configurations are possible. For more detailed information see the ESS Design and configuration manual.
PowerControl and PowerAssist – Boosting the capacity of the grid or a generator
A maximum grid or generator current can be set. The MultiPlus-II will then take account of other AC loads and use
whatever is extra for battery charging, thus preventing the generator or grid from being overloaded (PowerControl
PowerAssist takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. Where peak power is so often required only for a
limited period, the MultiPlus-II will compensate insufficient generator, shore or grid power with power from the battery.
When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC power available even during a grid failure
The MultiPlus-II can be used in off grid as well as grid connected PV and other alternative energy systems. It is
compatible with both solar charger controllers and grid-tie inverters.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no break functionality. The MultiPlus-II takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of
a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that
computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus-II. Loads that should not discharge the
battery, like a water heater for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel and three phase operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 48/5000/70 units, for example, will provide
25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 420 Amps charging capacity.
In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not
all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 1200 Amps charging
On-site system configuring, monitoring and control
Settings can be changed in a matter of minutes with VEConfigure software (computer or laptop and MK3-USB interface
Several monitoring and control options are available: Cerbo GX, Color Control GX, Venus GX, Octo GX, CANvu GX, laptop,
computer, Bluetooth (with the optional VE.Bus Smart dongle), Battery Monitor, Digital Multi Control Panel.
Remote configuring and monitoring
Install a Cerbo GX or other GX product to connect to the internet.
Operational data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the internet, systems can be accessed remotely, and settings can be changed.
- PowerControl & PowerAssist: Yes
- Transfer switch 32 A
- Maximum AC input current 32 A
- DC Input voltage range 12V – 9,5–17 V
- Output voltage: 230 VAC ± 2% Frequency: 50 Hz ± 0,1% (1)
- Cont. output power at 25°C (3) 3000 VA
- Cont. output power at 25°C 2400 W
- Cont. output power at 40°C 2200 W
- Cont. output power at 65°C 1700 W
- Maximum apparent feed-in power 3000 VA
- Peak power 5500 W
- Maximum efficiency 93%/94%/95%
- Zero load power 13 / 13 / 11 W
- Zero load power in AES mode 9 / 9 / 7 W
- Zero load power in Search mode 3 / 3 / 2 W
- AC Input Input voltage range: 187-265 VAC
- Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ 14,4 / 28,8 / 57,6 V
- Charge voltage ‘float’ 13,8 / 27,6 / 55,2 V
- Storage mode 13,2 / 26,4 / 52,8
- Maximum battery charge current (4) 120 /70 / 35 A
- Battery temperature sensor Yes
- Auxiliary output Yes
- External AC current sensor (optional) 50A or 100A
- Programmable relay (5) Yes
- Protection (2) a – g
- VE.Bus communication port For parallel (not for 8k and 10k models) and three phase operation,
remote monitoring and system integration
- General purpose com. port Yes, 2x
- Remote on-off Yes
- Operating temperature range -40 to +65°C (fan assisted cooling)
- Humidity (non-condensing) max 95%
- Material & Colour Steel, blue RAL 5012
- Protection category IP22
- Battery-connection M8 bolts
- 230 V AC-connection Screw terminals 13 mm² (6 AWG
- Weight 19 kg
- Dimensions (hxwxd) 546 x 275 x 147mm
- Safety EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, EN-IEC 62109-1, EN-IEC 62109-2
- Emission, Immunity EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Uninterruptible power supply Please consult the certificates on Victron Energy our website.
Anti-islanding Please consult the certificates on Victron Energy our website.
1) Can be adjusted to 60 Hz
2) Protection key:
a) output short circuit
c) battery voltage too high
d) battery voltage too low
e) temperature too high
f) 230 VAC on inverter output
g) input voltage ripple too high
Victron Part number PMP122305010